A fairly simple to use GUI program that allows to immediately visualise the change of an observables shape under parameter shifts.
- "On the fly" parameterisation of a generators response to shifts in parameter space
- Intuitive adjustment of parameter settings within the sampling ranges using sliders
- Ad-hoc calculation and drawing of observable histograms depending on the current parameter setting
- Plotting of reference data and ad-hoc calculation of observables goodness of fit
- Thus, allowing for manual tuning!!!
- Two observables can be drawn at a time, thus a comparison is possible
- Matplotlib version 0.98.5.3
- wxPython version 22.214.171.124
This is the commandline that will start prof-I:
prof-I -m mc-old -r ref -O tune2/weights
-m specifies the directory with the Monte Carlo runs
-r specifies the directory with the reference data files
-O specifies an observable file. This is useful if one is only interested in a certain set of observables. If this switch is ommitted, all available observables can be chosen in the GUI.
Manual and Screenshots
This is a screenshot of the GUI:
Here is an explanation of the applications components: